The following documents are required to open an Diaspora Banking account:
- Proof of Identity: A notarized/sighted copy of any one (1) of the following Identification:A valid Nigerian passport
- A valid International/foreign passport – supported by proof of Nigerian origin (Birth certificate, expired/valid Nigerian passport or driver’s license, etc)
- A valid Nigerian driver’s license
- Passport Photographs:
- Current Accounts – 2 copies
- Savings Accounts – 1 copy
- Proof of Residential Address: A notarized/sighted copy of any one (1) of the following:
- Duly filled Banker's Confirmation
- Copy of utility bill issued within the last three months showing the same address as supplied.
- Bank/Credit statement issued within the last three months showing customer address
- References: Two acceptable references using either of the following options:
- Option 1:
- An independent reference letter obtained from current bankers (foreign) and
- A signed reference form by an Attestor of Nigerian origin who maintains a current account with a Nigerian Bank.
- Option 2:
- Two signed reference forms by Attestors of Nigerian origin who maintain a current account with a Nigerian Bank.
- Indemnity: Duly executed indemnity form (for Email, Fax and Scanned Copy)
- For Joint accounts: A notarized copy of marriage certificate is also required along with all other necessary documents as stated above.
All identification documents, Bank or Credit Card statement issued within the last three-months, and utility bills (if foreign) must be notarized by a notary public.