Account Opening Requirements
The requirements for Diaspora Savings, Diaspora Naira Current and Diaspora Domiciliary are the same, and includes:
- Duly completed account opening form including signature mandate section.
- 1 Passport Photograph
Proof of Identity: A notarized/sighted copy of any one (1) of the following Identification:
- Download SVGPerfect for when you want to use just one icon as a vector on the desktop or in your own icon workflow.
- A valid Nigerian passport
- A valid International/foreign passport – supported by proof of Nigerian origin (Birth certificate, expired/valid
- Nigerian passport or driver’s license, etc.)
- A valid Nigerian driver’s license
Proof of Residential Address: A notarized/sighted copy of any one (1) of the following:
- Duly filled Banker's Confirmation
- Copy of utility bill issued within the last three months showing the same address as supplied.
- Bank/Credit statement issued within the last three months showing customer address
References (Diaspora Naira Current and Domiciliary accounts): Two acceptable references using either of the following options:
- An independent reference letter obtained from current bankers (foreign) and
- A signed reference form by an Attestor of Nigerian origin who maintains a current account with a Nigerian Bank.
- Two signed reference forms by Attestors of Nigerian origin who maintain a current account with a Nigerian Bank.
- Indemnity: Duly executed indemnity form (for Email, Fax and Scanned Documents)
- For Joint accounts: A notarized copy of marriage certificate is also required along with all other necessary documents as stated above.
- BVN of signatory(ies)
- AML risk assessment
- FATCA form (if customer is residing in the USA)