The customer is expected to notify the bank immediately in writing and provide the following:
- In the evident of an Accident
- Police report
- Photographs of the vehicle clearly showing the damage and the number plate
- Copy of the drivers’ license
- Estimate of cost of repairs
- Completed motor accident claims form
- Photocopy of the insurance certificate
Please note that insured (lessee) is not expected to accept liability/settlement for loss or damage on behalf of the insurers.
- In the event of Theft
- Completed motor theft claims form
- Interim Police report
- Final Police report
- All original vehicle documents and keys to the vehicle
- In the event of Fire:
- Police report
- Photographs of the burnt vehicle and scene of incident
- Completed fire claims form
- All original vehicle documents to the vehicle
Please note that processing of theft insurance claim begins when the final police report has been received confirming that the vehicle cannot be recovered.
The following will be required:
- Notification letter
- Post mortem
- Death certificate
- Burial certificate
- Medical bill
- Obituary (optional)
- Do not repair the vehicle before the insurance company evaluates the damage
- Protect the vehicle from further damage i.e., cover broken areas appropriately
- Do not abandon the vehicle at the crash scene; drive or tow the vehicle to a secure place, garage or preferably the dealer’s workshop.
- Obtain quotation for cost of repairs from the workshop.
Do your best to obtain and document the following information:
- Accident information -date, time & location
- Other vehicle(s) information – make, model, color, number plate, general description of damage
- Vehicle owner and/or other drivers information – names, address, phone number, drivers license number, insurance agent and company contact information—including phone number and insurance policy number
- Witness information –names, addresses & phone numbers
- Law enforcement and medical assistance information – was the crash reported to the Police or Highway Patrol?